Organisé par :
With the support of the UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning (UIL), the International Council for Adult Education (ICAE) and the International Center for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (UNESCO-UNEVOC, HONKONG) the 5th World Forum and15th International Conference for Lifelong Learning - Lifelong Education and Learning for Sustainable Development: an Integrated Approach will take place in Saint-Petersburg, 25-26-27 May 2017.
The main objectives are:
- Discuss key aspects of lifelong learning and education in the perspective of sustainable development.
- Innovate concepts and practices in application of United Nations principles of lifelong learning and education for sustainable development.
- Reinforce international multidisciplinary and multicultural cooperation among different actors on diverse levels and modalities (formal and informal) of the education system – such as higher education (educators, researchers and administrators) – as well as of civil society and the private sector.
- Encourage the creation of local, national, regional and international networks to promote lifelong learning and education in order to achieve sustainable development goals.
- Develop recommendations to UNESCO and other specialized agencies (within and out of the United Nations system), governments, the international education community and civil society.